This August Palomino will be 10 years old. During that time the shop was the first in Europe to stock Bronze, Dime, GX1000, Theories, Evisen, There/Unity (and so many more), and has grown to have the largest selection of skate related books and videos of any shop in the world. Palomino has always existed to push creative, independent skateboarding and skateboarders and the shop has always chosen to work with people and companies who prioritise ethics and beliefs over profit.
It’s time for the business to develop and realise its full potential and to do that the shop needs more hands. We’re going to double the workforce and employ someone!
I am looking for someone to join the team full-time, to help run the online business and enable the shop to better support and promote those who are doing good in skateboarding. Palomino is a small family business and the successful applicant will become a highly valued and essential member of that family.
I am looking for someone whose ambition comes from a passionate love and deep understanding of our culture, and has a desire to push Palomino to thrive and continue being a positive voice within that culture. In return you will be met with a warm, friendly working environment and be treated with the respect your position’s significance to the future of Palomino will deserve.
• Receive, organise, and manage stock/inventory levels. This will include product inventory alongside shipping and packing supplies.
• Order processing and fulfilment.
• Photograph and edit product images.
• Create product pages and edit Shopify website.
• Analyse selling data, provide buying guidance, and identify product opportunities. Through your reporting we will work together to improve efficiency and increase conversion through the website.
• Create email newsletters and social media posts.
• Liaise and communicate with suppliers, couriers and customers.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop/Lightroom in particular.
• Studio set up and product photography including apparel.
• Minimum 3 years recent relevant experience, including e-commerce software (preferably Shopify).
• Stock and inventory management.
• Knowledge of digital marketing (SEO/email marketing/social media/Google Ads) to help drive awareness of Palomino, and sales through the website.
• Full UK driving license.
Salary, hours and benefits
• £25,000 - £32,000 depending on experience.
• 25 days holiday plus UK Bank Holidays.
• Pension scheme.
• Employee shop discount.
• 10am - 6pm Monday to Friday, office based. Tottenham, North London.
• Shared social work environment. Palomino has its own unit in a larger warehouse with Lovenskate.
• Private mini ramp.
You must have a deep cultural knowledge of skateboarding, be hard working, punctual, and confident with your communication to those within the business, as well as with customers and suppliers. You should be forward thinking, self motivated and demonstrate an ability to work and make decisions independently. You will also have a creative personal interest in photography, the wider arts and music. I’m excited to offer this opportunity for someone to join Palomino at this important stage in its progression and grow their role within the business.
Please email CVs with cover letter listing relevant skills and experience to email@example.com.
I look forward to hearing from those of you who are interested in pursuing a career with Palomino and joining the company for this next chapter,